Human Resource Administration
Business owners today face a tremendous amount of liability the moment they hire their first employee. For many owners it has become a full-time job to stay in compliance with the growing amount of governmental regulations placed on their business. Concerns over employee lawsuits and possible fines for non-compliance have many owners searching for ways to reduce their exposure.
Profit Advantage functions as an off-site human resource department providing clients with the expertise needed to reduce their liability. Our clients are able to focus on growing their business while we focus on the business of employment.
The Human Resource services provided by Profit Advantage include:
- Immigration & Naturalization Service (Form I-9 Compliance).
- Department of Labor Wage and Hour audits.
- Employee handbooks customized for your business.
- New hire reporting compliance.
- Compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission requests (EEOC).
- Conduct EEOC claim investigation and file the written response to the commission.
- Educate client on "Do’s and Dont's" of interviewing potential new hires.
- Federal EEO-1 reporting.
- Child labor updates and compliance.
- Provide updates of laws affecting all employers.
- Consultation on disciplinary actions.
- Provide employee performance appraisal forms.
- Employee complaint resolution assistance.
- Consultation for employee termination.
- Profit Advantage representative is available to sit in on difficult terminations.
- Provide human resource reference guide covering common personnel concerns.
- Complete unemployment administration: handle audits, process claims, respond to state inquiries, defend client company, attend unemployment hearings.
- Provide state and federal employment law posters, (Which are required to be posted at your work site.)
- Wage and hour compliance assistance: minimum wage, overtime, salary exempt status, etc.
- Maintenance of employee personnel records: I-9, W-4, review forms, disciplinary reports
- Review exempt employee positions for compliance with wage and hour regulations
- Provide expertise and administration in the compliance of: FMLA – Family Medical Leave Act, ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act, FLSA – Fair Labor Standards Act (record keeping, exempt vs. non-exempt, minimum wage, overtime), ADEA – Age Discrimination in Employment Act, COBRA – Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, ERISA – Employee Retirement Income Security Act, OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health ACT, NEOC – Nebraska Equal Opportunity Commission, EEOC – Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.